Share Video API allows users to share videos from your Web or Desktop app into TikTok.
- video.upload gives developers permissions to upload a video on behalf of the TikTok user.
The TikTok user's unique identifier, which is obtained through
The token that bears the authorization of the TikTok user, which is obtained through
MP4 or WebM
The video file being uploaded.
A unique identifier for the shared video.
Error description. If the request is not successful, then this field will be returned.
Detailed information on the error.
Unique identifier to identify the request.
To make sure the video can be shared successfully, the developer is responsible for uploading video files that meet the following expectations:
- The size of the uploaded video file must be less than or equal to 50 MB.
- The duration of the video file must be at least 3 seconds and shorter than or equal to 60 seconds.
- Supported video file formats are MP4 or WebM.
- The video resolution is at least 540p.
TikTok uses webhooks to notify your application when an event happens to the shared video.
For more information about how to set up a webhook subscription, see Webhooks Overview.
Example using curl command:
curl -X POST -L 'https://open-api.tiktok.com/share/video/upload/?open_id=723f24d7-e717-40f8-a2b6-cb8464cd23b41&access_token=act.1a4b9d05d9ad1a56294b93b5609cdfbdNzQgbpbUWyFNvhC9QqIvKEjuuPHn' -F video=@/file/path/to/my/video/test.mp4