The first step in obtaining access to our developer tools is submitting an application for consideration through the TikTok for Developers website. Read below for answers to frequently asked questions and guidelines to help ensure that your application will be approved.
- How long does the application review process take?
- Applications are reviewed within a few business days after submission. If you are denied, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on reasons for denial and how to resubmit.
- What are the main requirements for getting my application approved?
To help ensure that your application is approved, please confirm the following:
- Valid official website that houses information about your web or mobile application.
- Mobile application is live in either Apple or Google Play App Stores. If you have a web application, a valid redirect domain is required.
- If applying as an Android app, both app signature and package name are required. If applying as an iOS app, a valid bundle ID is required.
- App does not infringe on the TikTok brand in name, description, or imagery (see more below).
- Does mymobileapplication need to belive on anappstore?
- If you have a mobile application, it must be available in Apple and/or Google Play Stores. We will also accept Apple TestFlight builds.
- If you have a web application and are applying for Login Kit access, you must provide a valid redirect domain.
- If your application is on mobile and web, you need to apply twice.
- What are the permissions that I can apply for?
- user.info.basic is always required. All other user permissions are optional.
- Share to TikTok (video)
- What is a valid redirect domain for Web?
- This is a requirement for web applications, e.g. "tiktok.com"
- Maximum of 10 domains
- Required if Login Kit is enabled
- The domain of redirect_url for Web Auth needs to be the same
- My application was denied. What are the reasons for denying access?
- There could be a variety of reasons. If you have met all of the guidelines on this document and would like more information, please email us at email@example.com for a more detailed response.
- I need help with errors accessing certain aspects of the API. Where can I get help for this?
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for further help on issues that are not directly related to the application process.
- My application was denied based on the icon/name of my application, why?
- See The TikTok Brand and Use Guidelines below.
- Our front end is built in React Native - do you foresee any issues using the Web SDK for sign-up on our mobile app?
- Login Kit will work with web and React Native builds to Android/iOS. The same applies to all of our developer tools.
- If my application is on both web and mobile, do I need to register for two accounts?
- For now, yes. You would need to have separate developer keys for both the web and mobile applications.
The TikTok brand consists of trademarks, trade and product names, logos, icons, symbols and designs owned or used by TikTok.
In most cases, any use of the TikTok name requires our explicit permission. Without our explicit permission, you may only use our TikTok name in text where it is used to identify or refer to our platform or services e.g., "uploaded on TikTok" or "follow us on TikTok." Such use must be fair and in accordance with the terms of these Guidelines.
Please note that you may not use our "TikTok" trademark or any other trademarks owned or used by TikTok (“TikTok Trademarks”) in a manner that is false or misleading, or in a manner likely to confuse consumers or the public about the source or origin of any products or services you may provide. Confusing uses include, among other things, uses that may cause people to think your activities emanate from TikTok, or vice versa, or that there is some sort of sponsorship, affiliation, relationship, or endorsement between you, your goods/services, and TikTok where none exists.
Here are a few examples of what not to do.
- Do not use the TikTok Trademarks in connection with your brand identity, including in your brand name, trading name, company name, service name, product name, event name, domain name, social media account name or app name;
- Do not use the TikTok Trademarks on merchandise or other promotional products, such as clothing;
- Do not use the TikTok Trademarks as the distinctive or prominent feature in any promotional/advertising materials;
- Do not use any of the TikTok Trademarks as nouns or verbs (e.g., instead of “I made a TikTok” say “I made a video on the TikTok App”);
- Do not use the TikTok Trademarks in a way which could be regarded as derogatory, defamatory or disparaging of the TikTok brand; and
- Do not feature any of the TikTok Trademarks on materials associated with illegal activities.
- Do not name your apps in a way that confuses users about the origin of the app such as by using the TikTok name or misrepresenting the source of TikTok's features.
You may not use TikTok logos, icons, symbols, or designs, without our prior written permission.
Additionally, do not use names, logos, icons, symbols or designs of others without their permission.