App Review FAQ
The first step in obtaining access to our developer tools is submitting an app for review through the Developer Portal. Here we'll cover some frequently asked questions about the app review process.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does the app review process take?
Apps are generally reviewed within a few business days after submission. If your app is not approved, contact us through our Support page for information on reasons for denial and how to resubmit.
- What are the minimum requirements for submitting my app for approval?
To get your app approved, it must have the following:
- Valid official website that houses information about your web and services (not applicable if you only provide mobile apps).
- Proper adherence to the TikTok Brand and Use Guidelines.
Additional platform specific requirements:
- Your app must be published in the Apple App Store.
- You must configure iOS Bundle ID under the iOS app configuration section.
- Your app must be published in the Google Play Store.
- You must configure Android app signature and package name under the Andriod app configuration section.
- Web apps:
- You must provide a valid redirect domain under the web app configuration section.
- Does my mobile app need to be live on an app store?
- If you have a mobile app, it must be available in Apple and/or Google Play App Stores. We will also accept Apple TestFlight builds.
- If you have a web application and are applying for Login Kit access, you must provide a valid redirect domain.
Visit our Scopes documentation to learn more about available permissions.
- Why was my app not approved?
- Where can I get support for errors accessing the API?
You may contact us here, for further help on technical issues.
- Why was my app not approved based on its icon or name?
Your app was denied because it violated The TikTok Brand and Use Guidelines.
- Is TikTok for Developers compatible with apps built in React Native?
Yes. Login Kit will work with web and React Native builds for Android and iOS apps. The same applies to all of our developer tools.