Register your app
Follow these steps to register an app on TikTok for Developers.
- Create a TikTok developer account using your email on our signup page.
- Log in using the TikTok developer account you just created.
- Click Manage apps on the top-right side on the navigation bar to display your apps. You can also click Get Started on the banner.
Note: You may not have any apps since you just created the developer account.
- Click Connect an app to create a new app.
- Fill in the requested information.
You can use the panel on the left to help you navigate the form.
- Clicking on Manage apps exits this form and returns you to the list of your apps.
- Clicking on App details, Configuration, or Products scrolls the page to the corresponding section.
- Clicking on Add a product enables you to configure new products for your app. We will cover this in the next sections.
You can perform the following three operations on top of the content panel:
- Delete app: Deletes the current app. Be cautious, this cannot be undone!
- Submit for review: Save changes and submit to TikTok for review.
- Save changes: Save changes without submitting.
App details displays essential information about your app.
- App ID uniquely identifies your app.
- Client key and Client secret are needed by your application to invoke TikTok APIs. They will be available after the app has been approved.
- Status indicates the app review status. For more details, see App Review Process.
The Configuration section displays and collects basic app information.
- App icon and App name are displayed whenever your app is present in the TikTok ecosystem. See example below.
- Category helps us better understand your app.
- Description will be displayed by TikTok when a user views the app authorization page. It will help the user understand your app.
You can run your app on different platforms including web, Android, and iOS. Select your intended platforms and then provide the requested details.
- Web requires the URL of your official website.
- Android requires your app's package name and signature. This is used to verify your app's identity when you invoke TikTok APIs. Provide your Play Store URL to enable us to better understand your app.
- iOS requires the App Store URL as well as the Bundle ID. This is used to verify your app's identity when you invoke TikTok APIs. Provide your App Store URL to enable us to better understand your app.
Add products to your app by clicking + Add a product on the navigational panel on the left.
For demo purposes, let's add Login Kit.
Note: Only add what you need in a real scenario.
You should be able to see items appear on the navigation panel once they are added.
Login Kit Demo
Let's walk through the product specific settings for Login Kit.
- Redirect domain is required for web apps. After the user completes authorization with Login Kit on the web, they will be redirected to a URL provided by you. The domain of this redirect URL must match to the value defined here.
- There can be a maximum of 10 domains.
- The domain of
redirect_urlfor Web Auth needs to be the same.
Submit for review
Before you integrate with our developer products, your TikTok for Developers app registration must be submitted for review. Please familiarize yourself with our developer guidelines to understand our integration processes and requirements, before submitting your changes for review.
Click Save changes to save current progress. Click Submit for review once you are completed, and we will start reviewing your application.
App Review Status
The Status for your app review is visible under App details.
- Staging: Your app has not been submitted for review yet.
- Under review: Your current revision of app has been submitted for review and is pending a decision. No further changes can be made at this stage.
- Changes not approved: After reviewing your changes, we determined it did not meet our criteria. Rejection details will be displayed on your app page with suggested actions. Complete the suggested actions and resubmit your app for review.
- Live in production: Your current revision of the app was approvedand is ready for integration.
NOTE: Once your app is approved, any subsequent changes must be submitted for review and approved to appear in the live release.