Create a TikTok app
Follow these steps to create an app on TikTok for Developers.
- Register a TikTok developer account using your email on our signup page.
- Log in using the TikTok developer account you just created.
- Click Manage apps on the top-right side on the navigation bar to display your apps. You can also click Get Started on the banner.
Note: You may not have any apps since you just created the developer account.
- Click Connect an app to create a new app.
- Fill in the requested information.
You can use the panel on the left to help you navigate the form.
- Clicking on Manage apps exits this form and returns you to the list of your apps.
- Clicking on App details, Configuration, or Products scrolls the page to the corresponding section.
- Clicking on Add a product enables you to configure new products for your app. We will cover this in the next sections.
You can perform the following three operations on top of the content panel:
- Delete app: Deletes the current app. Be cautious, this cannot be undone!
- Submit for review: Save changes and submit to TikTok for review.
- Save changes: Save changes without submitting.
App details displays essential information about your app.
- App ID uniquely identifies your app.
- Client key and Client secret are needed by your application to invoke TikTok APIs. They will be available after the app has been approved.
- Status indicates the app review status. For more details, see App Review Process.
The Configuration section displays and collects basic app information.
- App icon and App name are displayed whenever your app is present in the TikTok ecosystem. See example below.
- Category helps us better understand your app.
- Description will be displayed by TikTok when a user views the app authorization page. It will help the user understand your app.
You can run your app on different platforms including web, Android, and iOS. Select your intended platforms and then provide the requested details.
- Web requires the URL of your official website.
- Android requires your app's package name and signature. This is used to verify your app's identity when you invoke TikTok APIs. Provide your Play Store URL to enable us to better understand your app.
- iOS requires the App Store URL as well as the Bundle ID. This is used to verify your app's identity when you invoke TikTok APIs. Provide your App Store URL to enable us to better understand your app.
Add products to your app by clicking + Add a product on the navigational panel on the left.
For demo purposes, let's add Login Kit.
Note: Only add what you need in a real scenario.
You should be able to see items appear on the navigation panel once they are added.
Let's walk through the product specific settings for Login Kit.
- Redirect domain is required for web apps. After the user completes authorization with Login Kit on the web, they will be redirected to a URL provided by you. The domain of this redirect URL must match to the value defined here.
- There can be a maximum of 10 domains.
- The domain of
redirect_urlfor Web Auth needs to be the same.
Submit for review
Click Save changes to save current progress. Click Submit for review once you are completed, and we will start reviewing your application.
Learn more about our app review process here.