Register your app
Before registering your app, you must do the following:
- Create a TikTok developer account using your email from our signup page.
- Create or join an organization representing the owning group of the app.
- This step is highly recommended but not required.
Start registering your app
Follow these steps to register an app on TikTok for Developers:
- Log in using your TikTok developer account.
- Click Manage apps on the top-right side on the navigation bar to display your apps.
You won't have any apps if you just created the developer account as part of this tutorial.
- Click Connect an app to register your app.
- When prompted to Select the app owner, choose one of your organizations and click Confirm.
- If you don't see any organizations, consider creating one. Learn more about working with organizations.
- You may also register the app directly under your individual developer account, but this is not recommended for real app integrations.
Configure settings for your app
Use the panel on the left to navigate the app management page.
- Clicking on Manage apps exits this form and returns you to the list of your apps.
- Clicking on App details, Configuration, or Products scrolls the page to the corresponding section.
- Clicking + Add products enables you to configure new products for your app. Learn more in the Products section of this guide.
You can perform the following three operations on top of the content panel:
- Transfer app: Click the More Options [...] button to access the option to transfer ownership of the app to another organization.
- Delete app: Click the More Options [...] button to access the option to delete the current app. Be cautious, this cannot be undone!
- Submit for review: Saves changes and submit to TikTok for review.
- Save changes: Saves changes without submitting.
App details displays essential information about your app.
- App ID presents a numerical code that uniquely identifies your app.
- Client key and Client secret are necessary for your application to invoke TikTok APIs. They are available after the app has been approved.
- Status indicates the app review status. Learn more in the App Review Status section of this guide.
The Configuration section displays and collects basic app information.
- App icon and App name are displayed whenever your app is present in the TikTok ecosystem. See example below.
- Category helps us better understand your app.
- Description helps the user understand your app. It is displayed by TikTok when a user views the app authorization page.
You can run your app on different platforms including Web, Android, iOS and Desktop. Select your intended platforms and then provide the requested details.
- Weband Desktop requires the URL of your official website.
- Android requires your app's package name, app signature, and signing certificate. These are used to verify your app's identity when you invoke TikTok APIs. Provide your Play Store URL to enable us to better understand your app.
- iOS requires the App Store URL and Bundle ID. These are used to verify your app's identity when you invoke TikTok APIs. Provide your App Store URL to enable us to better understand your app.
Add products to your app by clicking + Add products on the navigational panel on the left.
For demo purposes, try adding Login Kit.
In a real integration, add only what you need for your business usecase.
Items appear on the navigation panel after you add them.
Login Kit Demo
Examine the product specific settings for Login Kit.
- Web, iOS, Android and Desktop require a Redirect URI to return an authorization code back to your app.
Submit for review
Before you integrate with our developer products, you must submit your TikTok for Developers app registration for review. Familiarize yourself with our developer guidelines to understand our integration processes and requirements before submitting your changes for review.
Click Save changes to save current progress. Click Submit for review once you are completed, and we will start reviewing your application.
App Review Status
The Status for your app review is visible under App details.
- Staging: Your app has not been submitted for review yet.
- Under review: Your current revision of app has been submitted for review and is pending a decision. No further changes can be made at this stage.
- Changes not approved: After reviewing your changes, we determined it did not meet our criteria. Rejection details will be displayed on your app page with suggested actions. Complete the suggested actions and resubmit your app for review.
- Live in production: Your current revision of the app was approvedand is ready for integration.
Once your app is approved, any subsequent changes must be submitted for review and approved to appear in the live release.